At Cutitta Chiropractic, we provide chiropractic care for low back pain treatment. Our chiropractors will conduct an in-depth diagnosis to determine the cause of your pain and develop a customized treatment plan that provides natural and effective relief. We serve patients in and around Greenfield, Pittsburgh, and Lawrenceville, PA.
Common Causes of Low Back Pain
- Obesity: Carrying extra weight, especially in the form of belly fat, puts strain on the lower back. This strain can lead to pain and inflammation.
- Poor posture: Slouching or sitting in a hunched position can also cause lower back pain. This is because it puts unnecessary strain on the spine.
- Improper lifting: Lifting heavy objects without proper form can cause the muscles and ligaments in the lower back to become strained and result in pain.
- Age: As you age, the discs in your spine begin to degenerate. This can lead to pain and stiffness in the lower back.
- Herniated discs: A herniated disc occurs when the inner material of spinal discs leaks out and puts pressure on the nerves surrounding it. When the nerves become compressed, it can cause pain.
- Degenerative disc disease: This is a condition that occurs when the discs in the spine begin to break down. It can lead to pain, stiffness, and inflammation.
These are not the only causes of low back pain. There are others such as scoliosis, spinal stenosis, and spondylolisthesis. A diagnosis from a chiropractor will help determine the cause of your pain.
Symptoms of Low Back Pain
The symptoms of low back pain can vary depending on the cause. However, some common symptoms include:
- Pain that radiates from the lower back to the legs
- Numbness or tingling in the legs
- Weakness in the legs
- Stiffness in the lower back
- Difficulty standing or walking
- Muscle spasms
Chiropractic Care for Low Back Pain
Many people prefer chiropractic care because it is a drug-free and surgery-free way to treat lower back pain. Chiropractic care works by restoring alignment to the spine and relieving pressure on the nerves. This can help reduce pain, inflammation, and muscle spasms. The chiropractor will start with an evaluation to determine the cause of your pain. From there, we will develop a treatment plan that may include chiropractic adjustments, spinal decompression, massage therapy, exercises, and other techniques. Rest assured that we will tailor the treatment plan to your individual needs.
Visit Cutitta Chiropractic for Low Back Pain Treatment
Don't let lower back pain keep you from living your best life. Visit Cutitta Chiropractic for quality chiropractic care for your lower back pain. Call our Lawrenceville office today at (412) 325-4100 or our Greenfield office at (412) 235-7103.